When mapping source and target fields in a Map Block, use the Autolinking feature to select one or more fields in the source and target panes and create links on any selected fields for which there is a matching source field. The source and target fields must have the same name, a compatible data type, and not be read-only to be autolinked.
- Fields for source entities other than the root entity selected on the General tab can be selected.
- Use the Select Fields and Deselect Fields icons to select or clear the selection of all fields within an entity.
- Use the Deselect all link to clear all selections on either the Source or the Target pane.
To autolink fields:
- Open a Map.
- Select the appropriate Block and select the Fields link from the Properties panel.
- From the Source pane of the Fields tab, select one or more fields to link. To select all fields for an entity use the Select Fields icon next to the entity name at the top of the list.
- From the Target pane of the Fields tab, select one or more fields to link. To select all fields for an entitiy use the Select Fields icon next to the entity name at the top of the list.
- Select Autolink from the Target toolbar.
- Any selected fields that meet the criteria are automatically linked with a simple source to target link.
Note: If you selected fields that cannot be linked, a warning message displays and no link is created.
- Any autolinked Source fields, with their entity names, display in the Formula column of the Target pane.