TIBCO Scribe® Online And TIBCO Cloud ™ Integration
TIBCO Scribe® Online can be used as a stand-alone cloud application, referred to as Scribe or it can be used as a capability of TIBCO Cloud ™ Integration. The online help details how to use TIBCO Scribe® Online as the stand-alone version, Scribe. This page outlines the differences between Scribe and TIBCO Cloud ™ Integration.
When working in TIBCO Scribe® Online as a capability of TIBCO Cloud ™ Integration, keep in mind the following differences:
- Creating an account is done through TIBCO Cloud ™. See Signing Up For TIBCO Cloud in the TIBCO Cloud ™ help.
- The TIBCO Cloud ™ global navigation bar displays at the top of the page instead of the Scribe banner. See Global Navigation Bar in the TIBCO Cloud ™ help
- The My Account option in the banner is represented by an icon and goes to the TIBCO Cloud ™ My Profile menu. Use the My Profile option for changing your TIBCO Cloud ™ password or any other account settings. See Viewing My Profile in the TIBCO Cloud ™ help.
- The Scribe login process uses basic authentication, but the TIBCO Cloud ™ login process is a Single Sign On (SSO) process that logs you into all of the products and services that are components of TIBCO Cloud ™.
- TIBCO Scribe® Online API access can be enabled through More > Security, however, TIBCO Cloud ™ User Authentication (SSO) is not supported with the API at this time. To use the API, you can establish a secondary basic authentication by selecting the Change API Password link on the Security dialog. Enter and confirm your new password and select OK to save it. When accessing the API, use your TIBCO Cloud ™ User Name and the new password. Note that the Change API Password process does not change the password you use to access TIBCO Cloud ™ only the password used for the TIBCO Scribe® Online API.
- API access also requires your Organization ID, which is not displayed in the user interface. To locate your Organization ID, open a Solution, then look in the address bar for the portion of the URL that contains orgId=. The number following the = sign is your Organization ID.
- The Edit Organization option is not available on the More menu.
- Notifications are accessed under More > Notifications.
- Managed Connectors are accessed under More > Managed Connectors.
- Inviting users to your TIBCO Scribe® Online Organization is done in TIBCO Cloud ™. See Inviting Members in the TIBCO Cloud ™ help.
- User Management is not available on the More menu and is done in TIBCO Cloud ™. See Managing Team Members in the TIBCO Cloud ™ help.
- The Subscriptions dialog is not accessible.
When working in TIBCO Scribe® Online with an existing Scribe Organization and User:
- TIBCO Scribe® Online functions just as it always has.
- If you want to try the TIBCO Cloud ™ experience, you can sign up for a TIBCO Cloud ™ account and then create a TIBCO Scribe® Online trial Organization. Remember that you cannot see your TIBCO Cloud ™ Organization when you are logged into Scribe and vice versa. See Signing Up For TIBCO Cloud in the TIBCO Cloud ™ help.