TIBCO Scribe® Online Connectors For Oracle Eloqua
TIBCO Software, Inc. provides two Oracle Eloqua Connectors. One uses the Oracle Eloqua Application API and the second uses the Oracle Eloqua Bulk API. Each is designed to fulfill different user requirements by leveraging the features of the associated API.
The Oracle Eloqua Application API Connector and the Oracle Eloqua Bulk API Connector both have an entity labeled ActivityWebVisit. However, the fields contained within those two entities are different for each Connector. The diagram below outlines the relationships between the two ActivityWebVisit entities and a third entity, ActivityPageView, that is only available through the Oracle Eloqua Bulk API Connector.
Oracle Eloqua Application API
- The Oracle Eloqua Application API ActivityWebVisit entity contains information about a visit to a single web page for a contact.
- The Oracle Eloqua Application API ActivityWebVisit entity is the same as the Oracle Eloqua Bulk API ActivityPageView entity and has the same primary key.
Oracle Eloqua Bulk API
- The Oracle Eloqua Bulk API ActivityWebVisit entity contains information about a visitor's session to a web site in which they accessed multiple pages. Information about each page accessed is aggregated by session as shown in the diagram.
- In the diagram, the NumberOfPages field in the Oracle Eloqua Bulk API ActivityWebVisit entity contains the number 4, indicating that the contact visited 4 pages during the session.
- Each page visited during the session is a record in the Oracle Eloqua Bulk API ActivityPageView entity.
- The WebVisitID field is the Foreign Key that ties the 4 Oracle Eloqua Bulk API ActivityPageView entity records back to the one Oracle Eloqua Bulk API ActivityWebVisit entity.
- The Oracle Eloqua Bulk API ActivityPageView entity contains information about a visit to a single web page for a contact.
Oracle Eloqua ActivityWebVisit Entity vs. Oracle Eloqua Bulk ActivityWebVisit Entity
Oracle Eloqua Connector
The Oracle Eloqua Connector uses the Application API. This API is very fast at responding to API calls that involve a small number of records. It is typically used in an environment where you are querying, updating, or creating a few records, but the transactions need to be done immediately. This API processes large numbers of records slowly. Use this Connector in the following scenarios:
- Looking up a single contact record.
- Synchronizing a small number of records between Oracle Eloqua and another datastore.
- Accessing data from the Activity, Campaign, ContactList, ContactListMember, Email, Form, or LandingPage entities. These entities can only be retrieved from Oracle Eloqua using the Application API.
- Running Event Solutions. These Solutions process messages concurrently.
For detailed information on using this connector, see TIBCO Scribe® Online Connector For Oracle Eloqua.
Oracle Eloqua Bulk API Connector
The Oracle Eloqua Bulk API Connector uses the Bulk API. This API processes requests asynchronously causing a certain amount of latency. However, once the requested operation is started, the Bulk API processes large amounts of data very quickly. Use this Connector in the following scenarios:
- Integrating a large set of historical data into a new target datastore.
- Synchronizing a large number of records between Oracle Eloqua and another datastore.
- Retrieving data from the Activity Type entities, such as, ActivityEmailOpen. These entities are accessed more quickly by the Bulk API.
- Data from the entities listed below can only be retrieved from Oracle Eloqua using the Bulk API.
- Contact Custom Objects
- Company Custom Objects
For detailed information, see TIBCO Scribe® Online Connector For Oracle Eloqua Bulk API.