TIBCO Scribe® Online Connectors For Marketo
TIBCO Software, Inc. provides two Marketo Connectors. One uses the Marketo SOAP API and the second uses the Marketo REST API. Each is designed to fulfill different user requirements by leveraging the features of the associated API.
Note: TIBCO recommends using the Marketo REST Connector whenever possible.
Note: The list of ActivityTypes available varies based on your Marketo configuration and the Marketo Connector used.
The Marketo Connector accesses data via the REST API, which has better throughput. The Marketo Connector works best in the following scenarios:
- Integrating large amounts of data. The REST API processes large data sets faster than the SOAP API.
- Enhancing data security. The REST API supports OAuth 2.0, which is a more secure protocol.
- Using Custom Objects. Custom Objects can be detected by the Connector. In the SOAP Connector, you must manually configure Custom Objects and associated fields in TIBCO Scribe® Online.
For detailed information on using this connector, see TIBCO Scribe® Connector For Marketo.
Marketo SOAP Connector
The Marketo SOAP Connector works best in the following scenarios:
- Replicating Marketo data to a datastore using TIBCO Scribe® Online Replication Services (RS).
- Filtering Opportunity or OpportunityRole by date.
Important: Configuring Custom Objects in the Marketo SOAP Connector is not supported.
For detailed information on using this connector, see TIBCO Scribe® Connector For Marketo SOAP.