Troubleshooting The TIBCO Scribe® Online Agent
Scribe Agent Heartbeat Failure Message
If the TIBCO Scribe® Online Agent cannot connect to TIBCO Scribe® Online, you receive an email with the subject: Scribe Agent Heartbeat Failure.
The email outlines possible reasons for the Connection failure:
- For On-Premise Agents, the Agent machine, computername, may have shut down
Make sure that the computer on which the Agent is installed is running. The computer may have been rebooted or shut down during a power failure. When the computer comes back up, the TIBCO Scribe® Online Agent resumes processing.
- The TIBCO Scribe® Online Agent Service may not be running.
From the Microsoft Windows Control Panel:
- Open Administrative Tools.
- In the Services folder, check the status of the TIBCO Scribe® Online Agent.
- If the Service Status is not Started, restart the TIBCO Scribe® Online Agent.
- The TIBCO Scribe® Online Agent should resume processing.
- Network connectivity to computername may have been interrupted.
Make sure that the computer on which the TIBCO Scribe® Online On-Premise Agent is installed is running and is connected to the Internet. The server on which the Agent resides may have been rebooted or there may be service issues with the Internet Service Provider.
It is also possible that you may not have the correct ports open for your Agent. See the Check Ports In Agent Environment article in the TIBCO Community for information on verifying which ports are open.
TIBCO Scribe® Online Agent Upgrade Issues
TIBCO Scribe® Online automatically updates Agents as needed. If your Solutions are not running as expected, check the Agent status and History Logs. See Updating An Agent for more information.
In addition, check your log files for the AgentUpdateError.log. This file is generally only generated if there is a problem updating the TIBCO Scribe® Online Agent. The default location for logs is ..\Program Files (x86)\Scribe Software\TIBCO Scribe® Online Agent\logs .
If the AgentUpdateError.log exists, check the log to see if there is an obvious problem. If you cannot determine the problem, keep this log available and contact Scribe Online Technical Support.