Mapping Blocks are the engines of your Maps. While the Control Blocks set up the structures and data flow, the Mapping Blocks tell TIBCO Scribe® Online exactly which fields you want to map and how you want to process them. Unless noted below, all Mapping Blocks can be used with either source or target datastores.
Mapping Blocks for a Connection may include:
- Query Block — Source only
- Native Query Block — Source only
- Wait For Message Block — Message Map Source only
- Wait For Request Block — Request/Reply Map only
- Add Block — Connections that support hierarchical data only
- Create Block
- CreateWith Block — Connections that support hierarchical data only
- Execute Block
- Delete Block
- Fetch Block
- Lookup Block
- Update Block
- Update/Insert Block
- UpdateWith Block — Connections that support hierarchical data only
- Upsert Block
The Blocks available, along with the Block names, for a specific Connector depend on the operations supported for that Connector. For example, the Upsert Block only displays for Connections that support the Upsert operation.
In addition, Block names and behavior are determined by the Connector. Therefore, some Blocks may use different names for the same feature, such as Create, Insert, or Add for a Create Block, or provide slightly different functionality.