Open topic with navigation
Connecting To A Text Source
Insight provides two methods to create or select a text source. Select
the method that best meets your requirements:
Choosing a text connection
To determine which text connection to use, keep in mind the following:
Text Adapter (Insight Version 7.5 or later) — Allows you to connect
to text sources that contain either Unicode or ANSI data. Use the Unicode Text Adapter if:
- You are, or might be, working
with Unicode data.
- All adapters used with this DTS file accept Unicode data
- You are mostly inserting data
with very few seeks
- Use the Text Wizard if:
- You are using an adapter that
does not support Unicode data.
- You want to use Turbo
Text mode for data inserts.
- Your DTS file includes data seeks.
Configuring a Text Connection
Using the Text Wizard
Working with Unicode Data