You can edit a Connection from either the Connections page or from the page in the Map where you select your Connections.
Note: Best practice is to create Connections with credentials that limit permissions in the target system, following the principle of least privilege. Using Administrator level credentials in a Connection provides Administrator level access to the target system for TIBCO Scribe® Online users. Depending on the entities supported, a TIBCO Scribe® Online user could alter user accounts in the target system.
Open The Edit Connection Dialog
There are several options for accessing and editing Connections:
- From the Dashboard, select the Connection you want to edit in the Connections Widget. If the Connection you need is not displayed, select View All to go to the Connections page and then select the Connection you want to edit.
- From the menu, select More > Connections, and then select the Connection you want to edit.
- From the Map where you specify Connections, select Edit from the Gear menu for the Connection you want to edit.
Edit The Connection
- From the Edit Connections dialog for the selected Connection, you can:
- Change the Connection name. The name is changed for any Solution that uses this Connection.
- Change any other Connection information, as described in the Help for that Connector.
- Test the Connection against any Agents that use this Connection. See Testing Connections.
- Select OK to save your changes and close the Edit Connections dialog.
Note: The changes you make are reflected the next time any Solution that uses that Connection runs. If a Solution is running while you are making changes, the new Connection parameters do not affect the current execution.
Note: If your Organization has multiple Agents, be sure to test the Connection against all Agents that use this Connection.
Note: If you make changes to the Connection and do not test the Connection, the Connection is tested when you select OK to save your changes. If no changes were made, selecting OK just closes the dialog without testing the Connection.
- Amazon Redshift
- Amazon S3
- Apache HBase
- Google Analytics
- Google BigQuery
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Common Data Service (CDS)
- Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 For Operations / AX
- Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central / NAV
- Microsoft SQL Server
- NetSuite (CData)
- OLE DB
- Oracle Database
- Oracle Eloqua
- Oracle MySQL
- Salesforce Pardot
- QuickBooks Online
- REST Web Services
- Sage 300
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- TIBCO Cloud™ Live Apps
- TIBCO Scribe® Platform API
- Scribe Insight
- Text as a Source
- Text as a Target
Note: When selecting a Connection in a Map, TIBCO Scribe® Online only displays Connections that can be used with the current Agent.
Tip: Be sure to check the Marketplace TIBCO Scribe® Certified Connectors for Connectors created by TIBCO Partners. For more information about using Connectors from the Marketplace, see your TIBCO Scribe® Online Administrator.